Budget Analysis on Children with Disabilities In Six Municipalities/Districts in West Java Province
Since 2012, Save the Children was conducting Facilitating Family Based Care for Indonesian Children with Disabilities Project in 6 districts; Bandung Municipal, Cimahi Municipal, Bandung District, Bandung Barat District, Sumedang District and Garut District funded by IKEA Foundation.
In the last year of project, it is important to know how much resource that allocated from government for this project in every year and whether the project is influencing in government budgeting. In order to have this information, a budget analysis will be conducted and Perkumpulan INISIATIF will did it.
The objectives of the study is to capture the alignment of local government budget in targeted areas on children with disabilities. The alignment shown trough proportion of budget amount on budget allocation and spending and continous improvement over budget years of each municipality/district.
There are two components to be analyzed as follow: 1) Comparing proportion of budget allocation by sector, program and activity; and 2) Tracking trend over time for the last five years.
The major difficulty in this study is to gain access to local government budget documents. This difficulty mainly due the very limited time for the study.
Key findings obtained in this budget analysis are:
- In general, the local government aligment on the issues of child, disabilities and children with disabilities is very low;
- Most of local government allocate budget on the issues of child and disabilities.
- The average of budget proportion for child from 0.016% to 0.08% compare to total budget expenditure of local government is very low with fluctuative trend over time. Meanwhile, the average of budget proportion for child compare to budget expenditure of local government agency is 2.45% with fluctiative trend over time;
- Only Bandung district (2012 and 2014) and Sumedang district (2015) that has been specifically allocated budget for children with disabilities at Local Government Agency of Social Affair;
- Those budget is used to fund the one type of activity, namely Training and Development/Working Practise of Children with Disabilities;
- At Sumedang distict budget 2015, the budget proportion for children with disabilities is 0.004% compare to the total budget expenditures of local government and 0.45% compare to the total budget expenditure of Local Government Agency of Social Affair;
- At Bandung district budget 2012 and 2014, the budget proportion for children with disabilities is 0.8% and 0.43% compare to the total budget expenditure of Local Government Agency of Social Affair;
- The local government budget in all targeted areas could not reach the target of the project for +15% (2014) dan +15% (2015);